Long-Distance Relationships

I have this puzzle
A map of the world

Which I’ve been putting
Together in private
And amorously slow

Not because I’m unsure of
The location of the pieces
But rather I wanted to rearrange the globe
So our countries aren’t
Disconnected by a sea

It took six seemingly endless months
But it was nothing, really
A few necessary adjustments

Even when it’s make-believe
I always place you next to me

44 comments on “Long-Distance Relationships

‘Even when it’s make-believe’ this is a childlike innocence. πŸ’š

2. Aww….from the heart, absolutely beautiful Benjamin β™₯️

3. wardah says:

Wow, this is amazing! I love the connection to maps, maybe it’s just the traveler side of me poking through. The last stanza, though. That’s beautiful, and also sad. You always make your last stanzas so powerful, and this one is no exception. Longing for someone is so hard to quiet down, but there’s no telling what the future holds, right?
    Beautifully penned! πŸ‘

• bejamin4 says:

Yeah, the future is not set in stone or written in ink. Tomorrow is often formed with a pencil and we can start erasing today or next day, little by little. And the future can hold anything and everything for a person. Don’t give up on your dreams too early, I think. You never know what might happen if you don’t let go of that hand. Thanks again for the continued support!

• wardah says:

You really do have a great way of putting things. Love how you say tomorrow is often formed with a pencil – so true! That’s probably why they say “never let go of your dreams.” πŸ™‚ You’re welcome!

You are such a meticulously brilliant thinker and writer and every time I read your poems they startle and cause deep feelings. The lines with β€œ…amorously slow” – this could actually sum up the style of much of your romantic poetry imho… in the best possible way. A languorous, slow-heating pleasure to read.

5. I think this is the first time I came across the idea of changing the map to be close to each other πŸ˜…. I like the thought much!

6. Kritika says:

This is amazingly beautiful.

7. uzzawal1911 says:

Loved this one Benjamin! It’s so filled with emotions and the want to have the person next to you. Poetic indeed. You have an amazing way with words. Well done, keep it up πŸ™Œ

8. bejamin4 says:

Thanks. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment and offer your thoughts. You have great insights. Stay safe!

9. This is the description of a beautiful and pure love. I really enjoyed reading this. A “meant to be” kind of romance.

10. samina says:

Such a beautiful thought and a lovely way to put it into words

11. Kally says:

So beautiful! Me and my husband are the success product of 2 years long distance relationship!

12. Beautifully expressed….

13. yassy says:

What a beauty of a verse. Effortless faultless flow of words. Great poetry.

14. Zippy says:

Incredibly beautiful

15. […] I haven’t a clue. The next one, I hope. However, I like one of these for now: Others; Long-Distance Relationships. […]