96 comments on “An Empty Apartment

1. Secrets says:

So good Ben, you’re really grooving with your muse lately πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

2. gabychops says:

I hope that your poem is not based on a real event but rather “if” it was going to happen.

It is an excellent reminder of what really matters in life, and how love is the greatest gift.

Joanna

3. SensiSpirit says:

Very touching. 🌹

4. asthaisha says:

Soo good πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

5. Hasan Adan says:

That ending is brillant Benjamin. It made me remember that even if you lose material things it can almost be replaced. However the same can’t be said about people because we can choose to either come back or not at all. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday Benjamin!

6. No matter what one loses, he/ she is blessed to always have the love of their life Ben πŸ’

7. vintageblack says:

Simply and meaningfully beautiful, Benjamin πŸ™‚

8. Msdedeng says:

Oh my gosh! did this happen? if so, I am sorry. However, your poem is so humbling, makes one think of what’s important in life.

9. I was showing your blog to one of my friend and suddenly, I unfollowed you by mistake. Haha! Sorry for that, followed you back. This is beautiful.

10. Wonderful! You are very talented, Benjamin. πŸ™‚

11. Ace says:

Aww this is so touching and beautiful!! I absolutely love it! Amazingly done as always!! Keep shining my friend πŸ–€πŸ€—

12. crimsonposy says:

“I still had everything”…enough said.

So very beautiful. Always deep in few words! A good reminder. It feels very Mr Knightly somehow, a good tutorial for us all. Your poems make me smile. Or want to curtsey/bow deeply! ;)) πŸ™πŸ€“πŸ˜Έ

14. R. says:

I can’t help but applause and whisper β€œAh! wow” after every poem I read here.
    Love x

This is such a perspective and priority of what really matters. Love it! Simple and with gratefulness.

16. You captured it Benjamin! When forced to choose what is really important and irreplaceable…well of course it is love:)❀️ I admire your skill to lead us on for 4 whole lines:):)…but then deliver, a totally satisfying last line!

17. People are irreplaceable ❀️❀️❀️

18. tara caribou says:

A sharp reminder that the most important things aren’t things, but people and relationships.

19. V.J. Knutson says:

It’s all perspective. Still violation hurts.

20. Alina says:

The last line changed everything! Beautiful πŸ‘

21. Chris Hall says:

You remind us what’s important! Good one πŸ™‚

22. That’s how we know that sometime a person is home and no materialistic object can ever replace the presence.

23. wardah says:

This is so short but so sweet at the same time. Love it!

24. kittysverses says:

This is a lovely reminder of what really matters. Beautiful poem. πŸ™‚

25. Hi Ben, very touching. Keep it going….

26. yassy says:

Effortless verse. Wonder how you write like you do.

27. From tragedy to elation in the space of a couple breaths – you amaze me, Benjamin! 🌞

28. Worthy wordsβ€οΈπŸ’–

29. Erlyn Olivia says:

Wow, I didn’t expect that ending. Nice one!

30. Your short poems are wonderful and convey a lot, Benjamin! Loved this one too.