By Benjamin Grossman and Cassa Bassa
This daily script interferes
With any royal mood
Leaving abstract smiles
Upon the observer’s space
Each piece reaches the other
with startling ponder
Shaking up their normality
Signaling the writer’s psyche
Demanding a daily dose of encouragement
The bond sparked small
A distant curiosity sated by the choreography of words
A budding denial received confirmation in plain sight
An uncultivated heart given wings to ascend
An untamed mind flew over the boundary beyond the intellectual elasticity
(This is part of a collaborative poetic effort between myself and Cassa Bassa. Make sure you check out her blog by visiting Flicker Of Thoughts.)
Created a new mentality
Worked to “push beyond potential”
* The “Mamba mentality” really strives for greatness; perhaps even attempts to go beyond greatness to reach even higher heights. It’s about not giving up, about giving your all, about going toward something better, not worrying about what will happen next but what you can do now! Kobe was a modern-day philosopher, a creative genius. His passion for life will never be forgotten
Dripped paint on the canvas
Instead of brushing it on
* The “drip technique” was a masterful edition to art. It inspires me always. What artists inspire you outside of your creative medium?
1. a person who goes against the grain in any medium of art.
2. an artist that “creates dangerously” (thanks Albert Camus), setting the trends instead of following them.
3. An artist seen as ahead of their time or doing something objectively unique, which often but not always referred to as too different for mainstream society to handle.
4. a person that breaks down proverbial walls, barriers, boundaries, and resets our notions of what is possible.
5. an artist expressing individuality to the upmost degree.
A petty clock that never shuts up
Always yelling tick and tock
I won’t hear your roar!