1. a person who goes against the grain in any medium of art.
2. an artist that “creates dangerously” (thanks Albert Camus), setting the trends instead of following them.
3. An artist seen as ahead of their time or doing something objectively unique, which often but not always referred to as too different for mainstream society to handle.
4. a person that breaks down proverbial walls, barriers, boundaries, and resets our notions of what is possible.
5. an artist expressing individuality to the upmost degree.