Sweet Ink

By Benjamin Grossman & Bree Leto

There’s no denying the sweetness
When we share the body
Of a poem

Your words make my ink blush
Our fingers stroking the same lines
A teasing exchange of sugared phrases
Awakening our entwined imaginations

Every time we devour
Each other’s souls
Savoring new flavors
Created from our intimate flow

When we write like this
I need more than just letters
There’s something brewing beyond this sweet ink

Let’s put down these pens
Write on our bodies instead

Please, make sure you check out her blog by visiting Secret Thoughts Within. I can’t say enough good things about her as poet and a person. Her writing is intelligent, clever, funny, diverse, thoughtful, and passionate. A mixture of depth and pure beauty. Also, she can read a poem like no other. Truly her talent flies off the page and stays with you!

69 comments on “Sweet Ink

1. michnavs says:

i saw this on ST’s site, and as I said, this is so beautiful and a great collab..

2. Secrets says:

Thanks Ben, so fun to write with you and get up to some poetry mischief. Keep shining brightly my friend 🌠

3. IT. IS. A. GREAT.COLLAB.
    I loved this poem very much! Made me go all giddy-giddy.
    Lovely poem! Keep it up!

4. Aarushi says:

I love the poem, it’s such a fun and mischievous read😄

5. Kritika says:

Enjoyed the poem on ST’s blog. She is fantabulous indeed.

6. gabychops says:

Dear Benjamin, I feel hot! This is too good for words. I love it.

Have to copy your masterpiece (collaboration!) and keep it close.

Joanna

7. Poetpas says:

Very good 👍🏻

8. I enjoyed this all the more the second time after reading it on Bree’s blog.
    As I said there, this was a brilliant collaboration. You’re both just so talented it makes for super charged poetry!! 🖤🖤

9. Wow – that is a beautiful poem (and an excellent collaboration). Such lovely phraseology. 🙂

10. Sunra Rainz says:

That took an unexpected turn at the end! 😀 Lovely collaboration. I love ink blush / intimate flow and the last two lines: Let’s put down these pens / write on our bodies instead ❤

• Some say there is nothing like a good twist. Thanks a lot for your words. They mean so much to me. It’s always cool to see the lines that readers pick out. Glad to know you thought those parts worked, especially coming from your keen poetic eye. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend! ❤

11. Ace says:

“Awakening our entwined imaginations” – that’s an amazing line!!!! This whole piece is spectacular!!! I love the flow you guys created here…it’s deep, fun, full of love, little mystery and effortlessly beautiful!!! Excellent collaboration!!! I absolutely love it, truly!!! Much love, Ben 🖤🖤🤗

• Thanks, I also really like that line. Might be my favorite part of it all. Always nice to see such thoughtful and generous comments. I really appreciate your support. Serious thanks. All love!!! 🙂 🖤

Hmmm very enticing. Good one guys! Look forward to reading more of your collabs!

13. uzzawal1911 says:

A beautiful and a sweet poem man. Both amazing poetic minds working together 💯💯

14. Simmi says:

Beautiful 🙂

15. Chris Hall says:

Oh, the sweet power of words! So playful, both naughty and nice. Kudos to you both 🙂

• Thanks, Chris. Always nice to try something new, and work with someone who challenges you to be better than your best. Bree’s extraordinary; I got lucky to share a page with her.

16. Ahh… that’s delicious Benjamin. Some respite from all the mayhem around. Loved it.

17. An excellent and engaging collaboration!👏👏👏

18. Diana says:

This was just beautiful… Loved it!! ❤️😍🤗💫

19. Rishika Jain says:

Great collab, you two, love it 💓

20. vintageblack says:

Really cool – congrats on a very successful collab!

21. saree says:

Love your poems and the fun and humor on it

Wow – familiar poetic territory, taken to the next level, in a delectably sweet way. I love the romantic idea of writing on the body. I still think of tattoos periodically… (Always wanted one, really :)) Impressive collaborating skills as always. Two talented poets. Love to both of you!! xoxo

• I know what you mean. Tattoos have such deep meanings for many. Although I’ve never gotten one myself. I have thought of it before. But somehow I’m probably allergic since … I’m allergic to almost everything. Thanks for your wonderful thoughts. xoxo

• Lia says:

Ah. 😅 Well, guess some of the best people are allergic to almost everything then. :)) Thanks for the kind reply! xoxo

23. Wow, sweetly & intimately erotic! Great job, Benjamin & Bree! 🌞

24. Ali Marie says:

Well, shit. You both just created a blushing masterpiece. Absolutely love it!