If You Knew My Girl

If you knew my girl
you’d never have to
fake a smile.

If you heard her speak
you’d swear she was singing
a hymn.

If you watched
her dance you’d forget
to blink.

Just reading a poem
about her might make
you swoon.

If you knew my girl
you would fall and
never land.

I still can’t land

28 comments on “If You Knew My Girl

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so that is one lucky gal… sooo romantic. I’m very grateful to this unknown person, since we get to benefit. I just wish she would get you to write more poetry. ;)) πŸ˜πŸ™πŸ˜πŸŽΆ

• bejamin4 says:

I see what you mean and I tend to agree. But anybody who thinks beauty is in the eye of the beholder doesn’t know this girl! πŸ˜‰ Just kidding (not kidding, though, too; not kidding at all). You’re sweet to write this; I’ll make sure she knows. Thanks as always for the support. It truly means a lot, a lot!

2. wardah says:

This is so beautiful! I love the way you wrote it, and the last line is perfect. Amazing job πŸ‘

3. ” If you knew my girl
    you would fall and
    never land.

I still can’t land”.
    What an amazing feeling to have when in love . πŸ˜‡
    Beautiful work Benjamin!

4. judeitakali says:

Beautiful πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ

5. scifihammy says:

Aw Heartfelt – and your girl is very lucky! πŸ˜€

6. tara caribou says:

That last line. Oomph… totally made this perfect.

7. bejamin4 says:

Thanks, Tara, for reading and commenting!

8. Love this one. Great ending!

9. Beautiful and so profound! Being in love is truly a joy. Such a romantic post, I bet she loved it! You did a great job with this.

10. Kritika says:

The ending is sad. Hope she understands your feelings.

• bejamin4 says:

You’re right. it could be sad in a way. I never thought of it fully this way. But it could be exactly that. When you love someone too much you open yourself up for the chance of sadness and getting hurt. But, I think she understands my feelings πŸ™‚

11. Well this can impress anyone.. Lovely poem..