This is The Real Neat Blog Award. My nomination comes by way of Aradhana Singh from Aradhana poetry and thoughts. I hope you’ll check out her blog and giver her a like or follow. I really enjoyed reading this post of hers: “DON’T MISS ME IN MY ABSENCE..”
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer 7 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like linking to their blogs.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 7 questions of your choice.
1) Where do most visits to your blog come from?
The United States.
2) What is your favorite sport?
As a kid it was American football. Then it was basketball. But now I’m not into sports as much as I once was.
3) What has been a special moment for you in 2020 so far?
Rediscovering my creative passions during the lockdown; and meeting new people. If any of them are reading this … they know who they are.
4) What is your favorite quote?
I have too many; I’m not even sure I can pick one. Plus, I mostly like song lyrics. But here a few I can think of right now:
“Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
“You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that.” — Samuel Beckett
Almost any yogi-ism by Yogi Berra; these ones are funny:
“You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.”
“If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.”
“We made too many wrong mistakes.”
“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
“It’s easy to fall in love. The hard part is finding someone to catch you.”
“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”
“Man is a rational animal. So at least we have been told. Throughout a long life I have searched diligently for evidence in favor of this statement. So far, I have not had the good fortune to come across it.”
“People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves.”
“I rebel; therefore I exist.”
“What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
A “great mind must be androgynous.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
5) What was your favorite class when still at school?
None. I never had any favorite classes when at school. But my least unliked was English.
6) Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
That it’s better to love too hard than to love too little; and that in the end almost everything ends up being all right, so don’t be afraid to go forward.
7) What musical instruments have you tried to play?
I first learned to play the drums as a kid. Then tried to teach myself guitar as a teenager (big failure). Then taught myself to play the piano, which was much easier.
Questions To Nominees:
- What is the best pizza topping combination?
- What really makes you angry?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite meal of the day?
- Do you believe in luck?
- Could you live without the internet?
- What’s your favorite song and why this particular one?