Creative Nonfiction

I’m in the desert right now
with a winter coat on and
I’m cold.

Only you know why.

So you don’t forget me
I wrote you a new poem
for the next 365 days.

There’s no need for
you to read them, though.

They all say what I said before:
I love you and I wish
you’d leave him.

Some may think
I write this to woo
but really it’s to steal.

I’m a romantic criminal
An imposter, a fake.

I wanted someone else’s
future. That’s what this has all been from the start.

But I’m giving up here.
I have no more words
to write

so if you don’t hear from me
in the next 18 hours or so
just know I’m walking
in the desert alone
with a winter coat on
and I’m cold.

26 comments on “Creative Nonfiction

1. There is a beautiful honestly in these words… “Some may think I write this to woo but really it’s to steal.”

WOW!!! Mic drop. Falling, not landing. The best part… that wonderful frightening feeling in the stomach. How do you keep blowing readers’ minds!?!? It’s like watching a story unfold.

3. uzzawal1911 says:

This poem is wonderful, from the start to the end. The flow of the story in the poem is great. A sense of honest reflection and hope. Well done man, keep it up 🙌

4. wardah says:

Wow, I love this! Well-written!

5. tara caribou says:

Oh man. I love this. And in my own way I can relate to some of it. So good!!

• bejamin4 says:

Thanks, Tara. It really means so much to me when you appreciate some of my work. It’s nice you could relate to these feelings.

• tara caribou says:

I honestly can’t think of a piece of yours I did NOT like. You’re an excellent poet who creates such easily felt emotions, often in very few lines. I enjoy seeing your posts in my feed.

• bejamin4 says:

Thanks again for that, Tara. And I can honestly say the same about you, the way you set a scene, you’re relatabilty, your choice of words and the chances you take with form … I would not be telling the truth if I didn’t say that you have made me rethink the way I approach my writing. Thanks for being the writer and person you are!

• tara caribou says:

Thank you. Seriously, so very much. So often I consider shutting this whole blog down and then I get a nice comment like this and it gives me a little hope again.

• bejamin4 says:

You’re welcome. It’s a good blog you have, however don’t let it stress you out either. Hope is one of the best feelings 🙂

6. Angana says:

WOW! so lovely! The expressions (read confessions) – mesmerizing!

7. Beautifully done, Benjamin. 🙂

8. hahaha i love this goshh

9. yassy says:

Creativity is mind blowing. If she reads this , she’s gonna coming back running. Cheers ..