How To Do Just About Anything

I’ve figured out
how to focus on
one thing at a time effortlessly

and also how to go weeks
without the need of food or sleep.

So, too, I’ve discovered
how to feel the winter
on a humid summer day

and even how to turn an hour
into one hundred thousand years.

It’s actually very simple—
very much free, as well:
just miss someone you love.

65 comments on “How To Do Just About Anything

1. R. says:

Sometimes all you can do is miss your special someone when they’re miles and miles away, and that feeling (without any doubt) is beyond peaceful and precious.

Mesmerising words! ❤️

• That’s right. Sometimes all you can do is miss someone from afar. And it can hurt a lot but it’s also nice to miss the right person. There are people who come into our lives that we would miss missing, and the thought of them brings us a sort of peace as you said. Thanks for your kind and thoughtful comment. Much love and joy to you!

2. Ace says:

Awe, this is so beautiful! I get the feeling and needed this today. Your words are so alive and tap into my heart!! Marvelous work as always! Spirit hugs 🤗🤗

3. Alina says:

This was unexpected and true.

4. Beautifully done, Benjamin. 💛

5. scifihammy says:

Powerfully written – you just capture the feeling so well. 🙂

6. gabychops says:

You do write wonderfully poignant, and deceptively simple poems. Excellent.

Thank you.

Joanna

7. Secrets says:

Oh yes, missing the other half of you 💔 It is interesting and startling how much it impacts on every area of your life.

Love does have that effect on us.

9. Works for me 😔😉🖤

10. Ah…this is so true Ben and very well written. When you miss someone you love, each minute seems like eons!!

11. wardah says:

Heartbreakingly beautiful, and all too relatable! Missing someone you love hurts the most. I hope you and that person are able to reconnect. Take care!

You capture feelings in a way that connects deeply with your readers. You strike me as a very deep and caring person. Wishing you every happiness as you continue to connect with your inner source power and shine your loving light around the world.

• Thanks for you sweet comment. I hope words treat me better this year. And I hope your words/muse do the same to you; however, I’m sure you’ll have no problem producing wonders. Stay safe!

• Lia says:

That is so kind, thank you… :)) I hope to do better with my words this year. I think we have to learn to choose our muse(s) and choose them wisely, ideally. Thanks again, and stay well and free!

13. Hasan Adan says:

Thats so true ! Its those moments when your tired/busy or away somewhere and you think of him/her and all of a sudden you get that extra step or time moves faster because you remember that endless feeling of love that at times feels unconquerable.

• You’re right. It can happen like that. Love seems to be able to do the impossible at times, to actually almost conquer everything in a sense. “Unconquerable” is a good word. Perhaps it’s more about how love can’t be defeated than it defeating things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

14. asthaisha says:

Beautiful ❤️ true❤️

15. Inshoimran says:

Beautiful piece of art❤

16. tara caribou says:

You nailed it Benjamin.

17. HensBlooms says:

Interesting way of looking at life, thank you for that idea. Love can keep us sane…

18. Diana says:

🤗🤗🤗.. Nice one, Benjamin. Made me think of my Gran! ❤️❤️💐🙏🤗

19. -Eugenia says:

Beautifully penned, Benjamin!

20. How wonderfully you finished it….lovely words…

21. Oh this is wonderful and your words ring so true Benjamin…that’s all it takes..a heart break..even if it’s not forever, will make you world spin the other way..

22. -Eugenia says:

Your poetry is stunning, Benjamin! Thank you so much for following my blog.

23. Farah says:

This is such a great poem with an honest depiction of feelings and thoughts about love. Brilliant!

24. Distance is difficult but it makes your bond sharp and sturdy is what these lines remind me of, being in that position haha 🙂. Beautifully written!

Also, wanted you to know that me and my friend nominated you for the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD on our latest post, hope you reply 😊💝

25. Kritika says:

Really?
    Wow so sweet of the person who would be missing someone.